Ready to make a move in your career? This might be the position you’ve been waiting for.
⭐️ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to have basic measurement and calibration competencies; calipers, micrometers & thread gages.
• Ability to press inserts, heli coils, dowel pins.
• Ability to remove burrs and sharp edges from plastic, stainless, and aluminum components.
• Ability to make labels with respected customer identification, DWG (Part), Lot (Job), Purchase Order, Revision, and Quantity numbers.
• Rudimentary knowledge on how to read a blueprint.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Willingness to increase efficiency and effectiveness of current processes.
⭐️ Job Brief:
This opening is for first and second shifts.
This position requires the ability to adhere to Reading Plastic Machining and Fabrication quality standards and to meet or exceed customer expectations. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations with other employees of the organization.
• Ability to comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
⭐️ Responsibilities include:
• Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
• Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
• Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
• Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
• Test operation of machines periodically
• Fix issues that might occur during the shift
• Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
• Maintain activity logs
⭐️ Job Brief:
We are looking for a skilled CNC Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. This opening is for second shifts.
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
• Proven experience as a CNC machine operator of 1+ year
• Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
• Understanding of production procedures
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
• Analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Physical stamina and strength
• High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Want to learn more? Sign-up for our newsletter and we'll deliver only the most important industry news and knowledge right to your inbox.
When it comes to precision plastic machining, Ohio companies trust Reading Plastic to deliver the high-quality plastic parts their projects need. Reading Plastic is a high-end machine shop that has been providing plastic machining services to clients from coast to coast for nearly four decades. We’re well-known for producing tight tolerance parts for a wide […]Read More »