Brass is one of the most commonly used materials in the world due to its excellent machinability and wide range of uses. Brass is formed by adding zinc to copper, with the exact amount of zinc dependent on the grade. (The higher the level of zinc, the more strength and ductility the brass has.) At Reading Plastic, our brass CNC machining service can create precision brass parts for a variety of applications and industries.
5 Benefits of Brass CNC Machined Parts
- Durability – Brass is an extremely durable material with good mechanical properties and wear resistance, along with high heat resistance. Brass has a melting point of over 900°F, making it an excellent choice for high heat environments.
- Corrosion resistance – Because brass does not contain iron, it won’t rust like other metals. This increases the lifespan of parts and cuts back on maintenance costs.
- Low coefficient of friction – With a very low coefficient of friction, brass is an ideal material for gears, bearings and seals. Brass parts are capable of tight seals and smooth, high speed operation.
- Excellent machinability – It is easy to achieve precision parts with brass CNC machining. Because brass has good malleability, ductility, and dimensional stability, it can be machined into tight tolerance parts in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- High-speed machining – Brass is one of the easiest metals to machine thanks to its high tensile strength and shear resistance. Unlike aluminum – which tends to stick to the cutting tools – or titanium – which will overheat at high cutting speeds – brass machines at high speeds and feeds without any negative impact on tool wear, chip formation, or surface finishes. With brass CNC machining, your parts can be produced quickly, leading to faster delivery and lower part costs.
Reading Plastic’s Dependable Brass CNC Machining Service
Brass CNC machining is used to create reliable, precision parts for a wide range of industries, including automotive, medical, electronics and plumbing. At Reading Plastic, we are experts in brass CNC milling, turning and routing, allowing us to use the most efficient method to produce your parts. Our state-of-the-art machinery can produce hundreds to thousands of identical parts fast, and all of our parts must pass a thorough ISO 9001:2015 compliant inspection before shipping.
If you need precision brass CNC machining, call the experts at Reading Plastic today, (610) 926-3245, or email us at email@example.com. Whatever your project needs, we can machine a solution.