Our CNC plastic machining services specialize in tight tolerances and advanced materials. Our machines can handle even the most technical plastics, including PEEK, Ultem®, and Vespel®. If you aren’t sure which material is right for your project, our expert staff can answer any questions you have. Our decades of experience working with specialty CNC machined plastic parts give us hands-on knowledge about how these materials perform in all sorts of settings, and we pass that knowledge on to you.
Benefits of CNC Machined Plastic Parts
What are some of the benefits of CNC machined plastic parts?
- High degrees of accuracy and repeatability: This level of quality and reliability is especially critical to industries that require extreme precision, such as the aerospace and semiconductor industries.
- Short lead and production times: This helps lower the costs of downtime and gets your equipment back to work sooner.
- Ultra-precise CNC machines: Our equipment allows us to produce complex parts with extremely tight tolerances (+/-.001) and superior surface finishes.
- Easily adaptable: Unlike injection molding, CNC machines allow you to quickly and easily make changes to part design.
- Wide variety of materials: These include specialty plastics that are difficult to process or can’t be processed by other manufacturing methods (such as injection molding and 3D printing).
- Cost effective: CNC machining is cost effective for both small and large production runs, allowing you to make the right amount of parts while still staying on budget.
Types of Plastics Used in CNC Machined Plastic Parts
Our CNC machining capabilities can handle a wide array of different plastics, a few include:
- PEEK®: PEEK stands for “polyetheretherketone,” making it part of the broader family of ketone polymers. The unique chemical structure of this thermoplastic makes it incredibly strong and dimensionally stable both under load and in the harshest environments.
- Vespel®: Vespel is a high-performance polyimide resin that is characterized by its ring-shaped molecular structure containing nitrogen. It can be used as a lightweight alternative to metal, and is often used in high-heat environments where thermoplastic materials lose their mechanical properties.
- Ultem®: One of the most dimensionally stable thermoplastics on the market, Ultem® has a unique balance of mechanical properties and processability which provides superior flexibility and design freedom.
CNC Machined Plastic Parts at Reading Plastic & Metal
Looking for an experienced, dependable CNC manufacturing company for your advanced parts? Contact Reading Plastic & Metal today at (610) 926-3245 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss all your project needs.