At Reading Plastic, we are constantly upgrading our shop to expand and improve our machining services. That is why we are excited to introduce our newest machine, the NHX 4000 3rd Generation from DMG MORI. As our first horizontal machining center, the NHX 4000 will greatly expand our machining capabilities. Here is a closer look at the benefits of horizontal machining centers, and the NHX 4000 specifically.
Highlights of the NHX 4000 3rd Generation
The NHX 4000 3rd Generation is a horizontal machining center that enables high-efficiency, continuous machining and mass production capabilities. It is equipped with DMG MORI’s newest spindle, the speedMASTER, which ensures high-speed and stable high-precision machining. Other key features include:
- Easy Tool Monitoring, which monitors the spindle in real time and issues a tool change alarm. This minimizes repairs and downtime and increases productivity.
- Retraction Cycle, which returns to zero point with the touch of a button. This allows for smoother and faster set-ups.
- Machine Vibration Control and Machine Protection Control support optimal machining by monitoring and controlling vibrations. An acceleration sensor mounted in the spindle detects vibration, and built-in MVC software calculates spindle speed to suppress the vibration. If the abnormal vibration is not corrected, the MPC automatically stops the spindle to prevent damage to the machine. These controls help us maintain our tight tolerance abilities and avoid unnecessary breakdowns and repairs.
The Benefits of Horizontal Machining Centers
- Shorter processing times – Horizontal machining centers (HMCs) make it easy to swap pallets, so there isn’t a significant delay between machining cycles for job change-over. This also makes it easier to run simultaneous jobs: i.e., job B can be loaded while job A is running, then job A can be loaded while job B is running. This allows one machine to fill multiple orders in a single shift.
- Three-sided machining – Because HMCs can cut along the B-axis, they can reach three faces of a part in one cycle. Features that relate to one another can therefore be machined in the same cycle to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to machine complex parts more effectively – The increased tooling capabilities of HMCs allow for the production of intricate parts with less setup and fewer steps. This increases production times and decreases costs.
Reading Plastic: Your Source for Expert Machining
As a high-end machine shop with over thirty years of experience, Reading Plastic can meet all your machining needs. Have a project in mind? Our expert staff can machine you a solution. Contact us today at 610-926-3245 or email@example.com.