Reading Plastic & Metal is a high-end machine shop that has been providing precision plastic machining services to clients from coast to coast for decades. We’re well-known for producing parts with tight tolerances for a wide range of industries. With our state-of-the-art CNC machining and expert knowledge of advanced engineering plastics, we can produce your parts with speed and accuracy. If you’re searching for “best plastic machining near me,” you’ve come to the right place.
CNC Plastic Machining Services
Our CNC plastic machining services specialize in tight tolerances and advanced materials.
- CNC Milling: Our computer-driven CNC milling machine is capable of extremely tight tolerances and surface finishes as smooth as 15Ra. We can handle any type of plastic, from thermoplastics to advanced engineering materials.
- CNC Routing: Our vacuum-secured routing system turns out hundreds or thousands of identical parts fast. With standard milling bits from .010” to 4.0”, we’re prepared to do the job as efficiently as possible.
- CNC Turning: When it comes to our CNC turning services, we excel in multi-axis lathe work holding extremely tight tolerances. We use the latest CAD/CAM techniques and software to produce world-class precision-turned parts.
- CNC Sawing: Our expertise means we can cut any plastic, no matter how technical. When you rely on us to cut raw sheets, tubes and bars, you won’t have to worry about calibrating your in-house saws to cut advanced plastics. Save time, money and wasted material with plastic delivered directly to your door in the precise size you need.
Plastic Machining for Every Industry
As a trusted plastic parts manufacturer for nearly four decades, Reading Plastic has helped clients create better products, lower manufacturing costs, and break new ground in their industries, including:
- Agriculture: Plastics offer numerous agricultural benefits, such as retaining moisture and limiting sunlight in arid
- regions, reducing competition from insects and weeds, and conserving natural resources. Plastic parts can be found in everything from irrigation systems and greenhouse covers to augers and spray tanks.
- Aviation/Aerospace: Plastics offer the same strength as metal at a fraction of the weight. Reducing an aircraft’s weight leads to considerable fuel savings: for each pound of weight reduced on a plane.
- Food and Beverage: DA food-grade plastic parts work harder and longer than metal counterparts. This improves efficiency, reduces maintenance costs, shortens certification time, and even lengthens shelf time. Machined plastic parts are perfect for use in augers, rollers, hoppers, chute liners, and more.
- Medical: Specialty plastics have been revolutionizing the medical industry because they can be machined into complex designs, offer lightweight yet high strength alternatives to metal, and can withstand rigorous and repeated sanitizing.
- Military: Their durability, flexibility of design, ability to withstand harsh conditions, and electromagnetic shielding help make military aircraft and vehicles safer, and can meet demanding Department of Defense standards.
Plastic Machining Near Me with Reading Plastic & Metal
Reading Plastic has a long history of solving problems through precise plastic parts, with clientele spanning the globe. Contact us today for a free quote at (610) 926-3245 – we’re confident we can provide the plastic machining solution you need.